June 5, 2006

And the very good news...

In the midst of this month of travel and exhaustion, there's been a lot of activity on the publishing front. More than one publisher is interested in the book. Very interested.

I've never been in the position of saying to a publisher, Tell me again, why should I work with you? And that is a nice place to be.

Like Elizabeth in P&P (after Darcy proposes), I know that I'm happy more than feeling that I am. I'm sure when I recover enough I will feel the weight of this very good news. But it seems -- there's no signed contract, so I don't want to jinx anything -- it seems that this book will actually come to be. With a publisher who's darn enthusiastic about it. Which is very, very cool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! I can relate to being "happy more than feeling that I am". We just got a contract on our house and can finally begin our assignment with Wycliffe after two and a half years of following this path. It still hasn't hit me yet that this is real.

We are praying for you! God is faithful and He will carry you through.

6/06/2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

Yippee! I am thrilled for you!!!! WHaHOOOO!

6/07/2006 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home