July 13, 2006

A very real sort of book...

Dear friends,

I've not written here for so long that I barely know how to start. I'm very pleased to announce that it's official -- Following Austen will be published by WaterBrook, a division of Random House, to be released on Sept. 1, 2007. I'm thrilled.

But -- as you may have guessed by my silence here -- my life is nearly overwhelmed at the moment by the terrifying darkness that is Lyme disease. There are moments of light, but they are more like lightning bugs than anything else -- showing up briefly and quickly fading away. Three weeks ago Friday I was able to make a pot of tea, and sit outside to write a little, and actually go for a little walk on the trail behind my house. I can't tell you how good, how significant, these small things are to me. (There are things that require energy that I never realized required energy -- things like sitting up straight, taking a bath, reading a book. Only when everything is taken away do you realize how much you take for granted in your everyday life.)

I have been writing parts of the book in my head, but have been unable to actually start writing again. Pray that I will be able to write.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Hazel said...

Perhaps using a tape recorder for the time being....

7/13/2006 08:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov! on your grand news. Always you are in my prayers for a complete and quicker recovery.

7/13/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger Anne and Kirk said...

Wonderful news! Just returned from Italy last night, so had not checked your blog in a while.
Know that I'm praying for your quicker-than-it-has-been recovery, and cheering in your corner as you proceed with the book.
Congrats-
Anne

7/17/2006 02:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am guessing you are a christian since so many people are praying for you. Well I am one too and I hope that you will recover soon. It's great to read the blog of someone who loves writing and Austen. I love writing and adore Austen and will be looking forward to your blook.
In Christ.
Niya.

7/18/2006 02:18:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

Yippee! Congratulations...hey, who is your editor??? Prayers for healing and full restoration.

7/20/2006 12:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lori,
I haven't been to your 'blog' before. I didn't even know what a blog was until recently. Congratulations on the publication of your book! What an accomplishment. Sorry to hear about your illness. Wishing you all the best for that. I shall look forward to hearing more of your news and will look out for your book.

7/23/2006 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home