October 2, 2006

Dear Lady Grey


My friend Kristine mentioned the other day that companies are paying bloggers to write about their products. So, I feel compelled to tell you about one of my absolute favorite things. (And if anyone out there from Twinings is listening, well, there's more where this came from, as I am looking for creative ways to pay for my health insurance--see post below.)

Lady Grey tea just makes me happy. On the days when I'm settling in to write, to try to get a lot done, I brew a whole pot and take it out on my back deck in the sun, with my notes or my word processor. I can't explain why I love it so much, it's just comforting. Kind of citrusy-flowery, but not too strong.

I first had it at C.S. Lewis's house, The Kilns, in Oxford. We stopped by for a brief tour and they served us tea and biscuits in the library where Lewis did his writing. We were amazed, and the tea was lovely.

Amazon has it in both regular and decaf, at a great price. (I've never seen decaf before!)

Anyway, happy 300th birthday, Twinings. And thanks for the Lady Grey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webmaster said...

Lori,
My question is not about the Lady Grey Tea (although it sounds lovely :) ).
I am very interested in buying your book (when it comes out) as a hard copy. Will it be availle that way or only online as a blook?
Forgive me if this is a silly question, I am quite out of the loop on these things.
Take Care,
Andie

10/02/2006 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home